Meditation has numerous benefits, that include
- Meditation lowers oxygen consumption.
- Decreases respiratory rate.
- Increases blood flow and reduces the heart rate.
- Increases exercise tolerance in heart patients.
- Leads to a deeper level of relaxation.
- Beneficial to people having high blood pressure asit brings the B.P.down to normal.
- Reduces anxiety by lowering the levels of bloodlactate.
- Decreases muscle tension (any pain due totension)and headaches.
- Builds self-confidence and self-control.
- Increases serotonin production which influencesmood and behavior. Low levels of serotonin areassociated with depression, obesity, insomnia and headaches.
- Helps in chronic diseases like allergies, arthritis etc.
- Reduces Pre-menstrual Syndrome.
- Helps in post-operative healing.
- Enhances the immune system. Research has
revealed that meditation increases activity of
‘natural-killer cells’, which kill bacteria and cancer
- Also reduces activity of viruses and emotional distress.
- In addition to the above benefits, meditation also
- Improved concentration
- Ability to focus and work efficiently
- Improved posture
- Improved health and personal relationships